Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NEW YEARS EVE!





New Years Eve in Austin, Texas. We had a blast! New Years Eve Day we had a BBQ taste off. We went to four different BBQ places and got a sample of their brisket, ribs, and sausage. To me, being a Yankee, these BBQ places are very strange. There is basically nothing to order besides meat. Often, they do not even provide you with forks - just knives and some white bread that I think you are supposed to use to pick up the meat. I am not a huge meat eater - so many calories! - so I set out to find some alternative and came up with an avocado, a few chunks of cheddar cheese, and some tomatoes. I did participate in the taste off, which was part of Matt's fraternity brother's birthday celebration. His wife, Kelly, was so cute - she even had sheets for us to score the four different places. City Market turned out to be the winner!

After eating all that food, Matt and I returned to his parent's house to nap and to prepare for that night. We met a bunch of Matt's friends for dinner and to celebrate Jarrett's 30th birthday at Moonshine, a cute restaurant in downtown Austin. The food, drinks, and company were great! We then headed to a few bars downtown and then headed to Ace's Lounge which Matt's friend, Brendan, co-owns. We had five booths with bottle service and champagne at midnight. The band was fun and the atmosphere was great. We danced a lot and had a fantastic time! My only regret is that I didn't get to see the ball drop in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment