Sunday, January 11, 2009

GO BIG BLUE

My post today is blue in honor of the NY Giants! Let's hope they beat the Eagles today at 1pm!!

I am back in Washington, D.C. Things are getting crazy here as the Inauguration approaches. Yesterday I was walking home from my exam and I wanted to cut across the park in front of the White House, but everything was blocked off. It's like trying to navigate a maze with all the fences and prohibited areas. I also saw the Hay Adams hotel where Obama is staying. No one can get near it! Cars can't even park within blocks of it. It must be frustrating to be a guest there right now.

I don't think that I will be attending the Inauguration ceremonies. Huge crowds scare me; I am always afraid to be crushed. I hope everything goes off without a hitch! I really hope the metro system is not overwhelmed as it sometimes seems to be even on a regular workday.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment